The Development Fund supports development work for projects which if implemented will provide a clear benefit to the local communities of Mull and Iona.
Such development work may in fact determine that the project does not proceed so the associated costs are “at risk” and often difficult to cover.
Examples of development work that will be considered for support include feasibility studies, preparation of business plans and community consultations. The fund will support:
- professional and consultants fees or
- staff costs for someone already employed within the applicant’s organisation or
- specialist assessment like ground surveys, flood risk assessments etc.
Projects that will be supported include those that:
- will bring about Transformational Change or
- will improve the financial sustainability of the applicant’s organisation or
- will address issued raised in Community Development Plans.
Examples of the type of projects include:
- Affordable housing
- Business and economic development
- Renewable energy
The Development Fund value is £30,000 and grants of up to £10,000 are available.
Successful applicants must complete reporting forms post funding and provide proof of purchases with receipts and a breakdown of spending. Each application will be reviewed on an individual basis.
Applications are invited from constituted community groups based on Mull, Iona Ulva, Gometra and Erraid for projects which benefit residents of those islands. Groups must have a bank account for which two or more signatures are required to authorise payments.
Information and Guidance
- Applications should provide information on what expenditure is for
- Where applicable your form must attach evidence of your financial stability as a group and support within the wider community for your project
- If awarded, you will be expected to spend the grant within twelve months and provide evidence of how it has been used. Such evidence would include photographs and a report. You may not re-apply to the Development Fund for the same project.
Up to £10,000
NEXT APPLICATION DEADLINE
Subscribe for updates
Sign up for news and updates including funding announcements and stories about successful applicants.