FUEL HARDSHIP FUND
One off payments of up to £250 for residents able to demonstrate that they are in fuel hardship. Fuel hardship simply means that a household spends over 10% of their overall income on heating costs.
Green Energy Mull has secured a contract which will pay higher a price for the power generated during the year April 2022 – March 2023. This higher price will generate more profit for Green Energy Mull. However, the significant rise in energy costs will push even more islanders into fuel poverty and extreme fuel poverty.
The fuel poverty fund value is £10,000 subject to performance of Garmony Hydro during the year. One off payments of up to £250 are available for residents able to demonstrate that they are in fuel poverty (more than 10% of disposable income spent on heating costs) or in extreme fuel poverty (more than 20% of disposable income spent on heating costs).
- You are a permanent resident of Mull, Iona, Ulva, Gometra or Erraid
- You can demonstrate you are in fuel hardship on the simple application form
Information and Guidance
- Grants of up to £250 are available
- All applications to this fund are strictly confidential
- Applications to this fund are open year-round
- If you would prefer a paper application, let us know and we will post one out to you
- If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Up to £250
NEXT APPLICATION DEADLINE
Subscribe for updates
Sign up for news and updates including funding announcements and stories about successful applicants.